Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lovely Sunday Shots






This morning I went on a bike ride to the other side of the wall that surrounds the rich area I live in. The area is dotted with rice paddies, tropical trees,and small homes. It was a beautiful ride. I especially loved seeing the 'real' Indonesia, or so I am told. Farmers were digging away at the ground, and shaking lines with cans on them so that birds would stay away from the rice. The air was also fresher and the singing from the mosque was the only thing I heard. When we got to one section of the trail, there were a lot of motorbikes buzzing past us, but that too, is just another cultural experience.

I also have a picture of the dragon fruit I bought at the grocery store yesterday. My goal is to try all of the different fruits while I am here. So, every time I shop, I buy a different one. Not many people like dragon fruit, but I found it refreshing. My nose is still congested so my sense of smell isn't working right now. Maybe I should try the fruit with clear sinuses so that I can get the full experience.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, first I thought it was a bunch of ants crawling on something, or a piece of art work, thanks for explaining! Loved the pictures of your bike ride. Just love checking your blog for new adventures, keep them coming. Have a great week at School. Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll have to try dragon fruit again, Chae. I've always wondered what that fruit was called. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks a lot like our pitaya except it's a different color; pretty though. Can you make juice from it?

    ReplyDelete