Friday, August 13, 2010

Has it really been a month


It is a month today that I have arrived in Indonesia. Part of me feels like I have been here for a very long time, and another part of me still feels like this is all so new. Another week is over, and it was so good. Like I told the Wednesday bible study, I keep expecting to have a really bad day or get completely stressed, but it hasn't happened yet. At the end of every day I am still enjoying what I am doing. I guess part of me was afraid that I would start teaching and find out that I didn't like it, but that is not the case at all!

Yesterday was a bit more of a hectic day, but it was good. I had my 7.1's for both first and second period. In humanities they were working on a project that took longer than expected, so I let them have some English time to work on it. But, we had literature circles for English, so we didn't have much time to spare. We ran out of time at the end of class, so things were a bit rushed. I gave the students an opportunity to come back to my room at break and lunch to keep working in their project. It was actually kind of fun to have the students hanging out in my room. I played some music for them (soundtracks and Disney) and they played "name that tune." It is really great to get to know the students better. In my 8th grade standard English class, that I co-teach with Amy, the students are giving speeches about themselves. It is fun to hear what they have to say about themselves.

After school yesterday, I went and did Reflexology with Amy. It lasted and hour and a half and it felt so good! It only cost $6, plus a tip. I love how affordable things are here!! After that, I went to a 3D movie and did some shopping with Janelle, my friend who also lives in my area.

Today I am going to an event where a stone artisan is selling some of his stuff. I have seen some pretty cool things that he has made. It should be a good time!

1 comment:

  1. WOW another great post and great week for you. So fun to read about your teaching days and other adventures. Today Aimee, Lana and Lily and I went for a walk in the park and then the farmers market. It's been such nice weather here. Have a great weekend. I will try to leave the Skype on the computer so if you see us on you can try to reach us.

    Love you tons, Mom

    ReplyDelete