Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Introducing... the amazing... motorcycle?

Today I left school early to go food shopping at the mall. Since I took my bike to school I also had to take my bike to the mall. This is still something I am getting used to. I don't particularly enjoying trying to maneuver my bike on roads with crazy drivers. I pulled out of the school on my way to the mall today and a motor cycle passed me. I was shocked to see five 5 gallon water bottles (the big blue ones) full of water and strapped to the back of a motorcycle. I couldn't help but start laughing, and the guy noticed. He smiled when he saw me laughing. I am not sure if he thought I was just smiling for the heck of it, or that I thought his bike looked hilarious. Another funny moment in Indo. I often find myself laughing when I bike back and forth between places. Sometimes when I pass a group of guys, they smile at me and once in a while one will say "Hello miss!" with an Indo accent. It just makes me smile and shake my head. Oh the joy of being a white female. They probably think it is crazy that I am biking and not riding an ojek or something. It makes me feel good to know that I am getting 24 more minutes of exercise a day, and saving $1 on transportation. Hey, It all adds up. I figure by the end of the year, I will have already paid my bike off! It works for me.

I just remembered now, that last week I went to the mall with some friends and I stopped by some students who asked to interview me. Apparently white people get stopped by students fairly regularly so that the students can practice their English. I think these ones followed us for a few minutes before they actually asked us. Ha, another new experience.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! When I saw your blog title, I thought you had already sprung for your own moped! And, hey, $1/day is a lot! Good for you. :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cheapo: I laughed, as I thought some of Grandpa's battering came out in you on the moped deal. Great to see you had an awesome day. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete