Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Night Before Take-Off

I am in the suburbs of Minneapolis/St.Paul right now, at the home of the Kroll family. Val Kroll, is a fellow Dordt Grad who opened up her home to me. I just spent the weekend reuniting with college friends and celebrating the marriage of my friends Liz and Theo Mobach. It was an amazing few days.

On our drive up from Pella, Val and I talked about student teaching and our worries about being first-year teachers. It was nice to remember that I will not be the only new teacher this year.

Tomorrow morning I am flying out to Indonesia. My first flight is to Japan, which is going to be hours long. I still don't even know how long it will take. I am very nervous about everything at the moment: flights, visa, new country, new job ...etc. But, this is an exciting journey of a lifetime that I am sure will be wonderful. I only have to trust in the LORD who led me to this opportunity, to keep leading me in the future.

So, here I go. Say a prayer for me. I covet them desperately.

~Chae

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you Chae. You will be flying high on a plane and on prayers. Love you tons Mom

    ReplyDelete