Sunday, July 25, 2010

Another week of adjustment

Hey Everyone,

It has been a long week, and I am not even sure what to write anymore! Monday and Tuesday were still new staff orientation days, which were good. Tuesday night we had a big fancy dinner at a Billionaire's mansion. This family funded the beginning of the SPH school system, which I believe is at over 100 schools as of now (sometime in the future I will explain how it all works). Their mansion is on a small island with immaculate pools, gardens, and decorations. It was really fun to walk around and take it all in. Even though this family is wealthy, they are very easy going and generous with the school and Christian community.

As far as other things go, the rest of the week was all-staff work days and meetings. I have gotten to know some of the other 130 teachers, and they are totally friendly and welcoming. The school atmosphere is just like a big family. On Friday we had staff bonding time which involved some fun relays and sports games. The New Teacher team actually came out on top, mostly due to our amazing cheers and athletic abilities (or maybe the head master was being nice and gave us extra points?).

This weekend has been good as well. I have been able to do more shopping for my apartment. I have also had plenty of time to meet and hang out with people. Between work and social activities, my time is limited.

School starts on Tuesday. I can hardly believe it. I do not feel ready at all. In fact, I don't have any lesson plans written yet. I have been told that I will probably be living from day to day the first few months. And, apparently ALL new teachers feel totally lost at SPH because it is a school like none other with it's IB curriculum program. So, I am, again, relying on my only hope and strength to get me through my first year: my LORD and savior Jesus Christ. I have experienced his peace and reassurance in the past, and I know I will experience it in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chae:

    Great reading and I will be praying for you that your first day goes well. I know you will do great and they will love you!! Love MOm

    ReplyDelete