Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My classroom!

Here are some pictures of my awesome classroom! It is so big and spacious! Some fun aspects of my room: some shelves with cool student projects, plenty of other shelves for books and such, 5 bulletin boards, some windows by my desk in the corner and a set of steps on wheels in another corner. Right now I have some blankets and pillows on it, but I will use it for other things in the future. Just a few days ago, my room was also adorned with a new power point projector! I haven't used it yet, but I am planning to in the future. It was also to see a plaque on my door that says: Ms. Michaela: Humanities and English" (or something like that).

It has been fun setting up my classroom with posters and signs. Rebecca Mercer, the mom in my host family, gave me a plant as a classroom warming gift the other day. I have it sitting on my filing cabinet. I also found a ton of posters that previous teachers left behind for particular units and topics. In one of the pictures you will see that I have 2 bikes in my room. The reason I have 2 is because I was testing one out from a friend, but later decided to buy the other one. So, the other one is waiting to go to another home. It is my goal to bike to school most days. It is about a 10-15 ride from home to classroom. The only problem is that I have to change into my uniform when I get to school because it sometimes rains and I don't want my uniform to get dirty or wet.

I am finished with another day of school, and it was great! I am feeling way less stressed than anticipated, which is an answer to prayer. But, maybe I should hold onto that thought before things get busier and crazier!





3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting pics Chae!! It is fun to see pics of your classroom and apartment! Hope teaching is going well=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey:
    Love you classroom. Were you able to use some of the stuff you picked up at Collins in Vancouver? Love the bikes in the corner! Great that your first few days went so well, will be praying that the rest of the week goes great.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete