I woke up this morning eagerly rushing around my apartment, waiting for the school day to begin. Even as I entered the school at 6:15 and scanned my fingerprint, some students and parents were already milling around. I can probably say that I was just as nervous about the new school year as all of the seventh graders were. I first went to my room and changed into my new uniform ( I biked to school in the rain so I wore something else). After that, I did some last minute details and then headed over to the Pak(Mr.) Jhony’s room (who I share homeroom duties with). Throughout the next half-hour our 7.2 homeroom students began to arrive. Many of them looked like scared little kittens. I couldn’t believe how quiet they were! One boy, is so little and cute. He just looked so scared and nervous all day. When I first saw him I just thought he was so precious! I hope that he feels more comfortable as the days go by.
Overall, the day went quite well. A few little things happened, but nothing major. For example, Amy (ESL specialist) is team teaching 2 classes with me. We were standing in my room and chatting during period 1 when the bell ring. This jolted us into action, thinking our class was next, so we jumped into the hallway and began lining up the kids and bringing them into the classroom. It wasn’t until Becky came looking for the other half of her Humanities class, that we realized we had jumped the gun and took the students into our room one period early. We had a good laugh over that one. It is going to be hard for me to learn all of my students’ names. There are so many of them!
Tomorrow we are going to continue teaching the kids classroom procedures and try to get to know them better before we get into much of the content.
Oh, and I have finally posted some pictures for your viewing enjoyment!
Sounds like a great first day. Grade 7, kind of like the kids at HCS going up from elementary and scared of this new step. Have a great week. How is the uniform fitting?? Love MOM
ReplyDelete