I always think it is interesting to think of when something becomes "The Same Old Thing." When exactly does the change happen? Well, that being said. Life in Indo is really starting to just feel normal; hence the lack of blog updates.
Things at school have been going really well these past few weeks. It feels good to be back in the classroom and back into my routines. I have not been motivated to blog much lately because it just feels like normal life. In fact, yesterday I was in North Jakarta which is more run-down and very different from where I live. I did notice the differences, but they didn't really phase me. It is crazy how something so foreign can soon become so normal. Crazy traffic, food vendors, motorcycle taxis, and "performance" monkeys are just a part of regular life. There are, and will always be new things for me to notice and want pictures of, but after a while it is hard to remember how this place was initially so foreign. What is interesting is how when new people come, you get to experience everything again from their perspective.
Thankfully I have visits from both my Grandparents and parents to look forward to this year. I am looking forward to introducing Indonesia to people for the first time. Even as I think about it, I know that they will see the similarities between Indo and place like Thailand and Nicaragua. Developing countries have a lot of similarities, but they also have differences. I hope I can do a good job of showing what makes Indonesia, Indonesia.
Hi Chae:
ReplyDeleteGreat pic of you and the kids. Glad your week went well. We are looking forward to coming too. We'll have to talk some more about dates. Sorry the call last night was so lousy. The connection was terrible and I missed half of what you said and I wasn't sure you even heard me. Oh well, still good to hear your voice.
Today we are having a pot luck lunch at Church for all the Groot's for Auntie Willie's birthday. It should be fun. Hope your week at school is awesome.
Take care, Love Mom
Routine isn't such a bad thing! You can learn a lot from the mundane :) Hope you're doing well!
ReplyDelete