Saturday, January 8, 2011

I was home for Christmas!





Christmas vacation came and went, and I am back in Indonesia. Crazy how fast the time goes! It was so wonderful to be home again and spend time with my family and friends. I got to enjoy the pampering of home which includes delicious meals and wonderful company.

The first week was pretty slow and relaxing. Because of jet leg, I slept a lot, but I was also fighting off a nasty cold that I picked up somewhere in transport. Throughout the rest of the break I read books, played games, visited people and enjoyed the winter wonderland in North-western B.C. Some of the winter activities I enjoyed were sledding, skating, cross-country skiing, and snowmobiling. It was actually very refreshing to be in the cold weather again. I loved being all bundled up and just laying in the snow.




It was also wonderful to see my little niece Lily. She is so cute, and I had so much fun playing with her. I am excited for this summer because Lily will be older, and I will have another niece/nephew who is due to arrive in February.

I am so thankful that I was able to spend some quality time with my loved ones. God has blessed me with a wonderful family and I was blessed to be home for Christmas this year. It is always such a special time and a time to feel regenerated for the New Year. On that note, Happy New Year to you and God bless you richly.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Chae:
    Great new post and pictures. Glad you had fun while you were with us. We too are so thankful that you came home to spend time with us, and now it's all just so quite here. It's a beautiful day here today with gorgeous sunshine, -15 temperatures and crystals of snow on everything. You would love it:) Glad that you are back safe and ready to teach your wonderful students again. Love you tons, Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you! Let's talk again soon!

    ReplyDelete