Indonesia has been in a news a lot lately with it's various natural disasters.Thankfully, the earthquake/tsunmai, volcano eruption, and flooding are not close to where I live! The flooding in Jakarta, is relatively close, but it happens fairly regularly because certain parts of the city are below sea level. Even though I am living in Indonesia, I really don't feel the effects of these crazy things that are happening here. I only knew about the disasters because another teacher told me. Life just seems to keep going. So, if you were worried about me, (only two of my friends showed concern...?)I want you to know that I am doing just fine!
Now to get onto more recent happenings! I just returned from the 7th grade spiritual retreat in Carita, which is a beach area in West Java. We, being the 12 teachers and 96 students, left Wednesday morning and returned this afternoon. The purpose of the trip was to encourage and mentor the student's in their walk with God. There were also several fun games that the students participated in,a dance competition (which they have been preparing for weeks! See pics attached), as well as pool time, chill time, and good food. And, we ended our evening last night with a big bon fire and campfire songs which I got to lead. The kids loved learning the news songs! I almost felt like I was back at camp, which was awesome.
Overall, it was a great retreat, and a refreshing way to get to know the students in a different setting. On the way back today, we drove through some small towns and rural areas in the mountains. The rice paddies were beautiful. I tried to snap some shots as we drove along.
Hey, awesome pictures of your time on the retreat. Glad that you are ok amidst all the weather action over there. Many people have called and asked about you because of what you hear in the news. Have a great week. How about you call on the weekend. Love Mom
ReplyDelete