Monday, January 16, 2012

From the 37th Floor



This is a hiatus from my NZ blogs. After seeing the sunset tonight, I was inspired.


Mysterious One

An evening like this reminds me of all that you do
The brilliant colors fading into the blue
Billowing clouds form a dark silhouette
Their shapes and their lines, beauty that I can’t forget

And I ask myself, how can this be my life?
Everywhere I turn, another surprise
From a great, great God, the source of all love
An amazing, mysterious One.

Mysterious one, I long to discover your ways
The twinkling stars, the crashing of violent waves
People have tried to explain creation
Phenomenal things, deserve a standing ovation

And I ask myself, how can this be my life?
Everywhere I turn, another surprise
From a great, great God, the source of all love
An amazing, mysterious One.

And all that I do, seems to be so small
Sometimes I wonder, why even try at all?
But my tiny speck of creativity
Is really just you
It’s really just you
Mysterious One
In me

1 comment:

  1. Hey, awesome pictures of your view. Wish I could just pop over and see for myself! You are an awesome poem writer too, sure enjoyed it.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete